Beef Macaroni Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 291 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 689 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.