- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Beef Macaroni Skillet
"This is perfect for 2, easy, and delicious. One of the few recipes I make repeatedly. I wanted to try it with egg noodles rather than macaroni. Turned out great! I went by weight. 1/2 cup of dry macaroni = 2 ounces, so I substituted the dry egg noodles, and it was perfect!"
"Easy and quick recipe! I used original V8 juice and it tasted good. I also added some crushed red chilly peppers, oregano, basil, garlic salt, table salt, and a few splashes of Frank's Red Hot Sauce which gave it a kick."
"This is a great recipe if you want something quick, easy and comforting--I doubled the recipe and added garlic. It's nothing fancy but it would probably work well for a potluck."
"This was good & easy, but I thought it was a little bland, even with the spicy V8. I had it left over the next day & it actually tasted better to me."
"Good flavor and easy. Had regular V8 juice available-- so I spiced it up with 'Slap Ya Mama' seasoning, garlic salt, and Jane's Krazy Mixed-up Pepper. Two of us almost finished a doubled recipe."
"Quick and easy. Love it!!"
"Love the simplicity of this recipe and the flavor. I think the secret is definitely the spicy V-8. Wouldn't taste the same without it. Love to know that I can fix this after a busy day at work. Tasty!!"
"I really LOVE this recipe; I have made it several times. It doubles well in order to use a 1-pound package of beef. The last time I made it, I didn't have any green pepper. I used a mix of celery & carrots to replace it, and it was delicious."