Beef Kabobs with Chutney Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- CHUTNEY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 4. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 kabobs (about 1/2 cup sauce).
2 skewers with 2 tablespoons sauce: 258 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Beef Kabobs with Chutney Sauce
"The only way someone would rate this less than 5 stars would be someone who is not a fan of Indian cuisine...the meat was flavorful and tender - and the creamy spicy sauce topped it off!! Would make this again with Indian style rice with peas..."