Beef Kabobs with Chutney Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- CHUTNEY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 4. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 kabobs (about 1/2 cup sauce).
2 skewers with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 258 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.