I found this easy recipe many years ago, and we never grow tired of it. I like to serve this zippy salad with roasted potatoes, rolls and a mandarin orange salad. —Gail Reinford, Souderton, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a large resealable bag, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, salt, oil and hot pepper sauce. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, onions and garlic; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread the beef cubes onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Serve with spinach and yogurt sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef Kabob Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p27
Reviews forBeef Kabob Spinach Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2012
"beef was very flavorful. I'm not a huge yogurt fan so I may do something a bit different with the dressing next time."
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2008
"This is such a great summer recipe - my meat and potatoes husband loves it!"