- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, soup mix, broth and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef in Onion Gravy
"I use cream of celery soup instead of the mushroom (taste preference). Always double the recipe - leftovers are wonderful.Serve over cooked egg noodles - wonderful!"
"Good flavor with basic, minimal ingredients."
"My sons would eat an engine block if it was cooked in the crock pot! This recipe is simple and straightforward but very tasty and it uses a cheaper cut of meat. Very economical. You might very well already have the sauce ingredients in your pantry! Good for family on a chilly night or even to take to that someone who needs a meal due to illness, surgery, etc."
"Delicious creamy mushroom and beef goodness! I didn't have onion soup mix on hand so made my own and added some thyme because it sang out for some."
"We make this with mashed potatoes. All four members of the family love this meal (unusual) and it's incredibly easy to make."