I double this super recipe to feed our family of four so I'm sure to have leftovers to send with my husband to work for lunch. His coworkers tell him he's lucky to have someone who fixes him such special meals. It's our secret that it's an easy slow-cooker dinner! -Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the soup, soup mix, broth and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Beef in Onion Gravy in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p39
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef in Onion Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review