Beef in Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 1 to 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Mashed potatoes, optional
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup mix, soup and water; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Beef in Mushroom Gravy
Sort By :
"this was okay. i think that fresh mushrooms would have added a wonderful fresh touch to this. but it was really qucik nd esy great for a last miite meal"
"This recipe is a regular at our house now. I also have changed the onion soup mix to beef onion soup mix and cooked with beef tips to service over egg noodles for beef tips and noodles. Equally as good."
"This was delicious, inexpensive, and oh-so-easy! Everyone enjoyed the tender, flavorful beef. I'm sure you could use any cut of steak you liked, but the round steak cooked up nicely in my crockpot."
"It was really good... But I used Cubed Steak instead of round steak."
"Really good. I doubled the receipe and added a box of instant brown rice in the last 20 minutes. Loved it."