Reports Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington, "This is one of the best and easiest meals I've ever made. It has only four ingredients, and they all go into the pot at once. The meat is nicely seasoned and makes its own gravy-it tastes wonderful when you serve it over mashed potatoes."
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 1 to 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Mashed potatoes, optional
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup mix, soup and water; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef in Mushroom Gravy in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p45
Reviews for Beef in Mushroom Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review