Beef Hash Brown Pizza
Hash brown potatoes form the crust for this fun pizza variation. When my children were growing up, this dish became a favorite Friday night treat. Now my grandchildren ask for it when they spend Friday nights with us.
-Betty Warren, Maryville, Tennessee
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, soup, egg, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, onion
- and mushrooms until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza
- sauce; keep warm.
- Sprinkle 2 cups cheese over hot crust. Spread mixture over the top;
- sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 460 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 1,169 mg sodium,