Beef Fried Rice
I came up with recipe by experimenting—and it's become a family favorite. I often add whatever vegetables and seasonings I have on hand.—Cathy Wadden, Hamilton Ontario
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, brown beef. Drain all but 2-3 tablespoons fat.
- Stir-fry garlic, carrots, celery and onion. Add mushrooms and peas;
- cook until all vegetables are tender. Add parsley, basil, ginger,
- salt, pepper, rice and eggs; stir until well mixed. Add soy sauce
- and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.