Beef Fried Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef. Drain all but 2-3 tablespoons fat. Stir-fry garlic, carrots, celery and onion. Add mushrooms and peas; cook until all vegetables are tender. Add parsley, basil, ginger, salt, pepper, rice and eggs; stir until well mixed. Add soy sauce and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Fried Rice
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.