Beef Fried Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef. Drain all but 2-3 tablespoons fat. Stir-fry garlic, carrots, celery and onion. Add mushrooms and peas; cook until all vegetables are tender. Add parsley, basil, ginger, salt, pepper, rice and eggs; stir until well mixed. Add soy sauce and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 247 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Beef Fried Rice
"Hubby said it was okay. He dislikes celery, onions & mushrooms, so I shelled sugar snap peas into the sauteing carrots. I forgot to use ginger & omitted the scrambled eggs. Added 1/3 cup beef broth before the soy sauce. He originally pronounced it to be 'vulture vomit' but ate 3 bowls. It is economical."
"I used 3 leftover hamburgers from a camping trip. (chopped them into cubes)For veggies, I used garlic, carrots, broccoli and onions - what I had on hand.I didn't use the soy sauce, put it on the table but no one used it.Tasted great."