- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, brown beef. Drain all but 2-3 tablespoons fat. Stir-fry garlic, carrots, celery and onion. Add mushrooms and peas; cook until all vegetables are tender. Add parsley, basil, ginger, salt, pepper, rice and eggs; stir until well mixed. Add soy sauce and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Beef Fried Rice
"Hubby said it was okay. He dislikes celery, onions & mushrooms, so I shelled sugar snap peas into the sauteing carrots. I forgot to use ginger & omitted the scrambled eggs. Added 1/3 cup beef broth before the soy sauce. He originally pronounced it to be 'vulture vomit' but ate 3 bowls. It is economical."
"I used 3 leftover hamburgers from a camping trip. (chopped them into cubes)For veggies, I used garlic, carrots, broccoli and onions - what I had on hand.I didn't use the soy sauce, put it on the table but no one used it.Tasted great."