I came up with recipe by experimenting—and it's become a family favorite. I often add whatever vegetables and seasonings I have on hand.—Cathy Wadden, Hamilton Ontario
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, brown beef. Drain all but 2-3 tablespoons fat. Stir-fry garlic, carrots, celery and onion. Add mushrooms and peas; cook until all vegetables are tender. Add parsley, basil, ginger, salt, pepper, rice and eggs; stir until well mixed. Add soy sauce and heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Beef Fried Rice in Country Ground Beef 1993, p71
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review