Beef Fondue with Mustard-Mayonnaise Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice and mustard; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a fondue pot to 375°. Use fondue forks to cook meat in oil until it reaches desired doneness. Serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings (about 1 cup sauce).
To make ahead: Prepare sauce the day before serving.
1 each: 532 calories, 47g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.