Beef Fondue with Mustard-Mayonnaise Sauce
Fondue is fun, but for me, the accompanying sauces are what make them even more delicious. This creamy, zippy sauce enhances the flavor of beef.—Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice and
- mustard; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in a fondue pot to 375°.
- Use fondue forks to cook meat in oil until it reaches desired
- doneness. Serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings (about 1 cup sauce).
To make ahead: Prepare sauce the day before serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 pound beef and 3 tablespoons sauce equals 532 calories, 47 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.