Beef Florentine Recipe
Even my three small children---who won't touch spinach in any other way---enjoy this meal!—Cindy Waltner, Columbus, Montana
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, macaroni, bread crumbs, spinach and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with meat sauce.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC