- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, macaroni, bread crumbs, spinach and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Beef Florentine in Country Ground Beef 1993, p46
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Florentine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >