- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon each steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 ounces fresh baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown steaks on both sides over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine or broth to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits; cook for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Combine flour and broth until smooth; whisk into the pan juices. Add steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Return steaks to the skillet; add mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Sprinkle with pepper, salt and chives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef Filets with Portobello Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Filets with Portobello Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 27, 2014
This recipe is definitely a keeper. Very easy and tasty.
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2014
It was delicious! I loved the addition of mushrooms.
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2013
The sauce is really good.
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2011
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2011
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >