Beef Filets with Grilled Vegetables Recipe
Says Cindie Haras of Boca Raton, Florida: "Here’s a special, quick and easy, end-of-summer grilled entree…with no pots or pans to clean! Romaine lettuce leaves are a must for this recipe because they stand up to grilling. And basting with butter seals in the meat’s juices and adds extra flavor."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 4 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 8 to 12 romaine leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Rub steaks with 2 teaspoons pepper; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add salad dressing; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, brush romaine, tomatoes and onion with oil. Grill tomatoes and onion, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until onion is crisp-tender. Grill romaine for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through. Wrap vegetables in foil and set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with butter.
- 4. Serve with grilled vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and remaining pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC