- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (about 3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa, optional
- In a bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon peel, chili powder and pepper. Place half in a resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add meat to bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a skillet, heat reserved marinade. Add meat and green onions. Cook and stir until meat reaches desired doneness. Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with salsa if desired. Fold sides over meat mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Beef Fajitas
Sort By :
This was a really tasty fajita recipe. I made a few changes. I didn't have any lemon juice on hand because I forgot to look before I went to the store. So I substituted lime juice instead. It gave it a nice zesty, citrus flavor that really made these excellent. I also added a sweet red bell pepper sliced along with the green onions. I would definitely make this again.