Beef Fajita Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced and halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, cilantro, garlic and chili powder; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes, turning once.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the peppers and onion in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. Add beef with marinade to the skillet; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender and mixture comes to a boil. Add beans and pepper mixture; heat through.
- 3. Divide the salad greens and tomato among four bowls; top each with 1-1/4 cups beef mixture, 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1-1/2 teaspoons salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 291 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 9g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Beef Fajita Salad
"This was a really easy & tasty recipe. The lime flavor was awesome! You could also add some tortilla chips on top, guacamole, and a little cheese."
"This was good but I mostly tasted the lime juice in the meat which made it a little sour. Maybe I will add more garlic or chili powder next time. I also crushed some tortilla chips on top and used shredded lettuce."
"I used this as a recipe for a RS meeting, and everyone really liked it!"
"Made this for Cinco de Mayo. Very light yet filling. I added one chopped chipotle and adobo sauce to the marinade. Gave it a nice kick."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.