Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine enchilada sauce and soups; pour 1 cup into each of two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Stir 1-1/2 cups of sauce into beef mixture; set remaining sauce aside.
- 2. Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tightly; place 10 enchiladas seam side down in each prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months.
- 3. Cover and bake the remaining pan at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with additional cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 4. To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 pans (10 enchiladas each).
Reviews for Beef Enchiladas
"Very simple, tasty comfort food. Even my five year old liked it."
"My family enjoyed this recipe. Very Good"
"These are a really good no-fuss enchilada. Easy to make, kid friendly, and they freeze really well."
"My family really enjoyed these, Very easy to make. I have 3 boys so made all 20 and they ate them all!!!"
"wheres the spice and is the sauce a red or green sauce, poor directions"
"I fund thid id hard to believe that it has 0 sodium content with the 2 cans od soup in the ingredience. I am on a sodium free diet and I know that the soups happen to be high in sodium. How come the nutritional values are so off?"