- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine enchilada sauce and soups; pour 1 cup into each of two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Stir 1-1/2 cups of sauce into beef mixture; set remaining sauce aside.
- Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tightly; place 10 enchiladas seam side down in each prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining pan at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with additional cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 pans (10 enchiladas each).
Reviews for Beef Enchiladas
"Very simple, tasty comfort food. Even my five year old liked it."
"I didn't particularly like these enchiladas. The mushroom soup made the red sauce sort of creamy. I prefer either creamy chicken enchiladas or beef enchiladas with straight red sauce, not a hybrid. Just my opinion. They were easy but I threw out more than half the leftovers."
"My family enjoyed this recipe. Very Good"
"These are a really good no-fuss enchilada. Easy to make, kid friendly, and they freeze really well."
"My family really enjoyed these, Very easy to make. I have 3 boys so made all 20 and they ate them all!!!"
"wheres the spice and is the sauce a red or green sauce, poor directions"
"I fund thid id hard to believe that it has 0 sodium content with the 2 cans od soup in the ingredience. I am on a sodium free diet and I know that the soups happen to be high in sodium. How come the nutritional values are so off?"