Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine enchilada sauce and soups; pour 1 cup into each of two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Stir 1-1/2 cups of sauce into beef mixture; set remaining sauce aside.
- Spoon 1/4 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tightly; place 10 enchiladas seam side down in each prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining pan at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with additional cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 pans (10 enchiladas each).
Reviews for Beef Enchiladas(7)
Sort By :
Very simple, tasty comfort food. Even my five year old liked it.
I didn't particularly like these enchiladas. The mushroom soup made the red sauce sort of creamy. I prefer either creamy chicken enchiladas or beef enchiladas with straight red sauce, not a hybrid. Just my opinion. They were easy but I threw out more than half the leftovers.
My family enjoyed this recipe. Very Good
These are a really good no-fuss enchilada. Easy to make, kid friendly, and they freeze really well.
My family really enjoyed these, Very easy to make. I have 3 boys so made all 20 and they ate them all!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >