- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut in half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and cottage cheese; set aside. Spread a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the cheese blend, tortillas, cottage cheese mixture and remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Enchilada Lasagna Casserole
Sort By :
"Love love love! I used cooked lasagna noodles instead of tortillas because we didn't like how mushy the tortillas got. And for sure 2 teaspoons of cumin. One of our favorite dishes! We make this a lot. I serve on top pico de gallo made of tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, lime juice, and salt."
"Dinner tonight was fabulous, thanks! I didn't make any changes and turned out a favorite. Husband literally licked his plate. The flavor wasn't overpowering, but just spicy enough and enjoyed the cottage cheese mixture. Will be making again for sure."
"Easy to make and so good! I loved it and so did my family! Would definitely make this recipe again!"
"I thought this was just ok. It wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be. I would consider it to be more like a burrito than an enchilada."
"Great fall recipe. I also used corn tortillas !!!!"