Beef Enchilada Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut in half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and cottage cheese; set aside. Spread a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the cheese blend, tortillas, cottage cheese mixture and remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Enchilada Lasagna Casserole(43)
Sort By :
Easy to make and so good! I loved it and so did my family! Would definitely make this recipe again!
I thought this was just ok. It wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be. I would consider it to be more like a burrito than an enchilada.
Great fall recipe. I also used corn tortillas !!!!
I used corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. I also
made a small pan using zucchini instead of tortillas to separate the layers for my low carb guests Both were very yummy. Everyone liked it a lot. No leftovers here.
Very good. My favorite part was the meat sauce. Makes excellent burrito or taco meat.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >