This meaty snack really hits the spot on chilly days. It's a tradition to serve the dip with tortilla chips, but I also like it with homemade soft pretzels.
Recommended: 55 Snacks for Your March Madness Party
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, tomato sauce, chilies, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, cayenne and salt. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Beef con Queso Dip in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p43
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Beef con Queso Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review