THIS IS my basic recipe for stir-fry. I've tried others but always come back to this one. I have also substituted chicken and chicken broth for the beef and beef broth and found it just as good. -Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- Chow mein noodles or hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add beef; toss to coat. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add vegetables and broth; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Return beef to the pan; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chow mein noodles or rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef Chow Mein in Reminisce January/February 1999, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Chow Mein
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review