Beef Chimichangas Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped jalapeno peppers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic and cumin.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of beef mixture off-center on each tortilla. Fold edge nearest filling up and over to cover. Fold in both sides and roll up. Fasten with toothpicks. In a large saucepan, combine the chilies, peppers and remaining tomato sauce; heat through.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry the chimichangas for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Beef Chimichangas(9)
Sort By :
I liked this chimichangas, i thought the whole dish was flavorful.
Spray with pam and cook at 450 until brown . 10 to 15 minutes
Has anyone baked the Beef Chimichangas ? If so, how can I do it? Thanks!
I forgot to click on the stars
I liked it a lot...kids loved it. Easy to make too.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >