- Meanwhile, on a floured surface, roll one portion of pastry to fit
- the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 8-in. square baking
- dish. Transfer pastry to dish; trim edges. Sprinkle lettuce and 1/2
- cup cheese over crust. Top with half of the beef mixture and 3/4 cup
- cheese, then remaining beef mixture and cheese. Roll out remaining
- pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling. Trim edges; seal with
- a fork. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with butter and sprinkle with
- sesame seeds.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand
- for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining lettuce. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 569 calories, 32 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.