Beef Chili Dogs Recipe
Danielle Parsons of Moscow, Idaho dresses up dogs with a flavorful beef mixture. "Cover your hot dog with chopped onions and mustard, then ladle this sauce over the top," she says.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-3/4 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the warm water, barbecue sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into meat sauce; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place in buns; top with meat sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Beef Chili Dogs
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2016
"Tasty. Reduced the water to 2 cups. The cornstarch really reduces the flavor, so after simmering for 5 minutes, I added more BBQ sauce. Husband greatly enjoys since he doesn't eat hot dog buns."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC