Beef Chili Dogs
Danielle Parsons of Moscow, Idaho dresses up dogs with a flavorful beef mixture. "Cover your hot dog with chopped onions and mustard, then ladle this sauce over the top," she says.
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-3/4 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the warm water, barbecue sauce and seasonings. Bring to a
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir
- into meat sauce; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place in
- buns; top with meat sauce. Yield: 8 servings.