Beef Canapes with Cucumber Sauce Recipe
A homemade cucumber yogurt sauce complements tender slices of beef in this recipe. Both the meat and sauce are conveniently made in advance. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), cut into 36 thin slices
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Sliced grape tomatoes, optional
- 1. Line a fine mesh strainer with two layers of cheesecloth; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in strainer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Rub tenderloin with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper. In a large skillet, cook tenderloin over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Transfer yogurt from strainer to another bowl (discard yogurt liquid). Add the cucumber, onion, garlic and remaining salt and white pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil; stir into yogurt mixture.
- 5. Thinly slice the tenderloin. Spread yogurt mixture over bread slices; top with beef, arugula and tomato slices if desired. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Canapes with Cucumber Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC