Beef Canapes with Cucumber Sauce Recipe
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), cut into 36 thin slices
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Sliced grape tomatoes, optional
- 1. Line a fine mesh strainer with two layers of cheesecloth; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in strainer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Rub tenderloin with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper. In a large skillet, cook tenderloin over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Transfer yogurt from strainer to another bowl (discard yogurt liquid). Add the cucumber, onion, garlic and remaining salt and white pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil; stir into yogurt mixture.
- 5. Thinly slice the tenderloin. Spread yogurt mixture over bread slices; top with beef, arugula and tomato slices if desired. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 58 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Reviews for Beef Canapes with Cucumber Sauce
"very good recipe"
"A bit time consuming, but definitely worth the effort. They look beautiful and taste divine. Make sure you purchase high quality tenderloin from the butcher."