- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), cut into 36 thin slices
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Sliced grape tomatoes, optional
- Line a fine mesh strainer with two layers of cheesecloth; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in strainer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Rub tenderloin with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper. In a large skillet, cook tenderloin over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate.
- Transfer yogurt from strainer to another bowl (discard yogurt liquid). Add the cucumber, onion, garlic and remaining salt and white pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil; stir into yogurt mixture.
- Thinly slice the tenderloin. Spread yogurt mixture over bread slices; top with beef, arugula and tomato slices if desired. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Beef Canapes with Cucumber Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p25
Reviews for Beef Canapes with Cucumber Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2013
very good recipe
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2010
A bit time consuming, but definitely worth the effort. They look beautiful and taste divine. Make sure you purchase high quality tenderloin from the butcher.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >