- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place each frozen loaf in a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Let rise until dough is 1 in. above top of pan. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cabbage, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and thyme. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cabbage is tender; drain.
- Punch dough down. Place each loaf on an ungreased baking sheet; pat into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spoon meat mixture lengthwise down one side of each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Fold dough over filling; turn edges under to seal. With a sharp knife, make four diagonal slashes on top of loaves. Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (6 servings each).
Originally published as Beef Cabbage Stromboli in Country Woman September/October 2001, p37
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Cabbage Stromboli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >