- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry cabbage in oil until cabbage begins to soften. Add beef; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the onions and celery; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the bean sprouts, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beef Cabbage Stir-Fry in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p44
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Cabbage Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review