Beef Cabbage Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown stew meat; drain. Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon cubes in water; add to beef. Stir in the onion, pepper and bay leaf. Cover; simmer 1-1/4 hours or until tender.
- 2. Add the potatoes, celery, cabbage and carrot. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Stir in tomato sauce and salt. Simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes more. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 194 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Beef Cabbage Stew
"How do they figure it only takes 5 minutes PREP? THAT IS RIDICULOUS! Barely time to even cut up the beef and get it in the pan."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.