Beef Cabbage Hash
"As a busy working mother of two, I often rely on this comforting all-in-one skillet recipe when we need a quick meal," relates Penny Wolverton of Parsons, Kansas. It's simple, satisfying and costs only 55 cents for each serving.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and julienned
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion, sliced and quartered
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-high
- heat for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 333 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.