Beef Burritos Recipe
- 2 bone-in beef chuck roasts (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 18 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and salsa
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in oil; drain. Add water, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roasts; cool.
- Remove meat from bone and cut into bite-size pieces. Skim fat from pan juices. Add tomatoes and chilies; mix well. Add meat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Combine flour and cold water; mix well. Stir into beef mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add hot pepper sauce. Spoon down the center of tortillas; fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with cheese, sour cream and salsa. Yield: 18 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Burritos
Sort By :
"It tasted really good. Mine turned out a tiny bit runny but I figured I must've done something wrong. ;)"
"A family favorite. Requested time and again by my grown children & their spouses."
"I've made these several times...making again today! They have such great flavor, I do add a bit more hot sauce than called for. If you don't have cans of green chilies, but have cans of diced tomatoes with chilies, those work as well. The beef mixture freezes well, as it makes alot."
"My children love these! I made them with venison, and halved the recipe. I mixed leftover rice, corn and some pinto beans in with the leftovers and made regular burritos for dinner the next night."
"I adapted recipe for the crockpot and also wanted to make it spicier. I used fire roasted tomatoes and then also added taco sauce, sprinkled the beef w/ taco seasoning, used red pepper & also added smoked paprika."