- with flour.
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown meat in 2 tablespoons
- butter on all sides. Stir in consomme and reserved marinade. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until
- meat is tender.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil
- for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel. In a skillet,
- saute mushrooms and pearl onions in remaining butter until tender.
- Add to beef mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Thicken if
- desired. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.