Beef Burgundy with Noodles Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, halved
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Burgundy with Noodles
Sort By :
"My husband really liked this, it is a make again for having on a busy day. So easy."
"Threw this together beofre work one morning and it was fantastic for dinner that night! Thank you! Great flavor! Key is to use a red wine that you would like enough to drink, then you know the results you will like!"
"Chopped the night before, assembled before leaving for work in the morning, made noodles that evening. Really good."
"LOVE this receipe! I do not care for mushrooms, so I leave them out and strain them out of the soup. Otherwise, GREAT!!"
"This was very good. The only changes I made were to not add the seasonings and serve it with rice instead of the noodles. Thank you. This is a dish I can bring for someone's housewarming or get well or the like.If it isn't too late to answer RiaCooks answer...the tapioca thickens it. Again, thanks. It is going in my Taste of Home recipe box!"