Beef Burgundy with Noodles
To save time, the night before serving this tasty dish, Mary Jo Nikolaus in Mansfield, Ohio trims the meat, cuts up the vegetables and stores in the fridge in separate containers. Prep takes only minutes next morning. At night, she simply cooks the noodles and bakes some cheesy garlic toast to complete her warm, hearty, fuss-free meal!
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, halved
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve
- with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 273 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.