Beef Burgundy with Noodles Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, halved
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 273 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.