To save time, the night before serving this tasty dish, Mary Jo Nikolaus in Mansfield, Ohio trims the meat, cuts up the vegetables and stores in the fridge in separate containers. Prep takes only minutes next morning. At night, she simply cooks the noodles and bakes some cheesy garlic toast to complete her warm, hearty, fuss-free meal!
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms, halved
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Burgundy in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Burgundy with Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review