Beef Burgundy Stew Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 2/3 cup Burgundy wine or additional beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a small skillet, brown beef in 1 tablespoon oil on all sides; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender.
- 3. Return beef to the pan; stir in the broth, wine and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with egg noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 486 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Beef Burgundy Stew
"Had to add a jar of beef gravy to give this recipe enough liquid to flavor the noodles. Nice try though."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.