Beef Burgundy Stew Recipe
I was drawn to the recipe because it was a preparation for two. There was no special occasion to serve this dish, but I made it often because my Mother, who was an excellent cook, loved it. She specifically wanted me to prepare it. I serve it either with noodles or rice.
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 2/3 cup burgundy wine or additional beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a small skillet, brown beef in 1 tablespoon oil on all sides; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender.
- Return beef to the pan; stir in the broth, wine and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with egg noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef Burgundy Stew in Reminisce December/January 2007, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Burgundy Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2010
Had to add a jar of beef gravy to give this recipe enough liquid to flavor the noodles. Nice try though.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >