Beef Burgundy Over Noodles Recipe
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a Dutch oven or nonstick skillet, brown beef and onion in butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, wine or broth, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons parsley, bay leaf, clove, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- 2. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf and clove. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving equals 410 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Beef Burgundy Over Noodles
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.