"I got this delightful recipe from my sister-in-law many years ago and have used it ever since," says Margaret Welder of Madrid, Iowa. "Whenever I serve it to guests, they always request the recipe. The tender beef, mushrooms and flavorful sauce are delicious over noodles."
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- In a Dutch oven or nonstick skillet, brown beef and onion in butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, wine or broth, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons parsley, bay leaf, clove, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf and clove. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Beef Burgundy Over Noodles in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p5
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef Burgundy Over Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review