Beef Broccoli Supper Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the rice, broccoli, soup, milk, seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 364 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Beef Broccoli Supper
"This was good. I used regular cooked rice. I did not have broccoli cheese soup, so I used cream of mushroom soup. I used a lot more broccoli than the 1-1/2 cups called for. I also omitted the bread crumb topping. Even with all the changes I had to make, this turned out to be a very good dish. Thanks for the good recipe."
"I, like most of the others, used this recipe as a guideline for dinner tonight. I added a couple tablespoons of grated onion to the ground meat while it was cooking. I also omitted the whole bread crumb topping and used French fried onions instead. I guess I like onions, huh? Let me tell you, it was darn tasty! Not fancy, but comforting....my favorite kind of meal. It was very easy as well. Fast and easy..."
"Our family really liked this. Will try it without crumbs on top next time."
"Although this was a great quick & easy recipe, it was kind of blah. My husband put ranch on top & said it was great so maybe adding a packet of ranch dressing mix would have bumped up the flavor!!"
"Very good with a few additions: sauteed onion and garlic, used Italian seasoned bread crumbs and vegetarian beef crumblers. Also added some Italian seasoning to the beef and sprinkled some shredded sharp cheddar under the bread crumbs. Was very good but would've been bland as written. Also used instant rice to save time and steamed fresh broccoli instead of frozen. Will make again but will definitely go heavy on the seasoning next time."
"This was very good. I did change a few things. I used cream of celery soup because that is what I had on hand. I added some cooked bacon bits because I had some left over from another meal. I used italian sesoning instead of salt-free seasoning blend."
"Made this casserole last night for supper and was VERY disapointed :( We did not like the flavour at all; although we love broccoli, beef and cream of broccoli soup..........it's almost like a practice recipe gone bad."
"So easy and so good! This recipe will definitely be put to good use from now on. The next time I might even add more broccoli."