Beef Broccoli Supper
"When I put together a cookbook for our family reunion, my sister submitted this recipe," recalls Nita Graffis of Dove Creek, Colorado. "My husband and our boys usually don't care for broccoli, bu they enjoy it in this dish."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the rice, broccoli, soup, milk, seasoning blend, salt
- and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer
- or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 364 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.