Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable bag, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes. Return beef to pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry(29)
Sort By :
We made this tonight for dinner. It was great! We added water chestnuts, mushrooms and a couple dashes of hot sauce. Bolded the flavor just a bit! A keeper!
A wonderful recipe! I did add about 1-2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes to the broccoli, and I used green onion instead of regular onion. Those two minor differences don't change the fact that this is a phenomenal recipe. Officially my go-to for beef & broccoli stir fry.
This was pretty good, but sauce could have used a little heat, so next time I'll add some red peppers and a little less soy sauce. The only thing I did different was add julienned carrots and slivered almonds.
OMG!!! was great. made a few changes. Used last nites steak. fried fresh coin size carrots with the onions. used beef broth instead of water.used one tbsp of br. sugar. and used minute rice made with beef broth. And i let it simmer till broccoli was tender. (sorry don't like crisp veggie's). thought i had take out... it was deli sh!!!!! been a member for years. another great TOF winner.... :)
This smells just like what you get in a Chinese restaurant! It was fast, easy, and YUM! I double the amount of sauce because we all like sauce. I also didn't have fresh broccoli, so I used some I had in the freezer and it worked just fine. We will be having this again!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >