Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes. Return beef to pan.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 292 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,280 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.