This tender brisket roasts in a sauce that adds great flavor. When one of our sons lived in the South, I learned that "mop sauce" is traditionally prepared for Texas ranch-style barbecues in batches so large it is brushed on the meat with a mop! You won't need that much for my recipe, but will get the big-time taste. —Darlis A Wilfer, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Place the brisket in a shallow roasting pan; pour sauce over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Beef Brisket with Mop Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p33
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Brisket with Mop Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review