- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Place the brisket in a shallow roasting pan; pour sauce over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Brisket with Mop Sauce
"I love this recipe! I don't know how many times I have made this for company!!"
"I tried this last night and it was fantastic!!! I made it exactly as written, except that I cooked it for 3-1/2 hours (I like my meat well done). That was too long - the edges burned a little. Next time I'll do it for 3 hours instead. The meat turned out very, very tender and moist, and the sauce was DELICIOUS. My entire family (including the kids) loved it. Hands-down the best brisket I have ever had. I will be making it many times again."
"Lizeck...I am also doubling this recipe as a surprise for my husband's birthday tomorrow. Could you please advise me on how long to cook at what temp? Also...did you follow the directions on the recipe verbatim? Thanks so much for your help!"
"My brisket didn't get flavored with the sauce and the sauce was very runny, like water. We did enjoy the sauce flavor though."
"I made this for my family. I got rave reviews. It was soo easy, I will definitely make this again and again. I doubled the recipe for 15 people hoping for left overs, but everyone loved it so much that there was not very much left over."