Beef Brisket with Cranberry Gravy Recipe
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds), halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with brisket. Combine cranberry sauce and juice concentrate; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. Strain cooking juices, discarding onion; skim fat. Place in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice brisket across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Brisket with Cranberry Gravy
Sort By :
Made it for our progressive dinner. Was wonderful and so easy to prepare. Gave us more time to visit and not worry about the main course. Very very tasty.
I had a hard time finding the the concentrate so I used a cranberry blend
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hanukkah Dinner Recipes >
- Hanukkah Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >