Beef Brisket with Cranberry Gravy Recipe
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds), halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with brisket. Combine cranberry sauce and juice concentrate; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove brisket and keep warm. Strain cooking juices, discarding onion; skim fat. Place in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice brisket across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 225 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Beef Brisket with Cranberry Gravy
"I had a hard time finding the the concentrate so I used a cranberry blend"
"This is a great recipe. The flavor is excellent. It is easy to make and reasonable."