With just a few minutes of hands-on work, this tender beef brisket simmers into a delectable entree. “The meat and gravy are great for sandwiches and leftovers the next day,” Noelle LaBrecque relates from Round Rock, Texas.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds), halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with brisket. Combine cranberry sauce and juice concentrate; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. Strain cooking juices, discarding onion; skim fat. Place in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice brisket across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Brisket with Cranberry Gravy in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p21
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Beef Brisket with Cranberry Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2011
"I had a hard time finding the the concentrate so I used a cranberry blend"
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2009
"This is a great recipe. The flavor is excellent. It is easy to make and reasonable."